We are looking to extend our small team with a designer who can relate to software requirements in the broad fields of sports training, human movement, and communication. We want to find good solutions for our users, may that be trainers, athletes of all ages, abilities, and professional levels, managemers, or physios.
Trayn is a tool for sports coaches and athletes to make planning easy. Trainers can efficiently plan and adapt training programs to individual athletes. Athletes can view their schedule, track their progress, communicate with trainers, and access more information if needed.
Trayn is used in sports organizations of any size. Small groups of up to three users (athletes or trainers) can use Trayn for free. For larger organizations, Trayn is even more useful and offers additional management, planning, and communication tools.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for a lot of different areas, as most of us are in a small company. We work on the Trayn App and there are also individual client solutions that feed into the larger Trayn platform.
- Transfer requirements to actual designs.
- Discuss requirements and test design with clients and individual users.
- Help engineers to ensure each component is perfectly implemented.
- Own Trayn’s design system and become its key maintainer.
- Review existing components and improve their look, feel, and compatibility.
- Work on Trayn’s core product and ancillary solutions: individual projects, client adaptations, white-label solutions.
What will you need to have? (mandatory)
- Bachelor degree or outstanding design skills.
- 3+ years of experience in design, art, marketing, product design, or anything related to communicating ideas.
- Experience with design-related tooling: Figma, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Attention to details in interaction and user experience.
- Holistic approach to design.
- Knowledge of responsive design.
- Structured work approach.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Working cross-functionally and collaborating with internal and external team members.
What would be good to have? (optional)
- Formal design education: degree in design, HCI, any user experience related studies.
- Experience with building SaaS products.
- Experience in analyzing or understanding data analytics to improve design and make design decisions.
- Working with Git/GitHub.
- Understanding of accessibility and WCAG key principles.
- Additional languages: German, French, Spanish, Russian (or, actually anything else)
What do we offer?
It’s important for us to achieve our goals. It’s not important that you sit in an office for 8 hours a day. With that in mind, we value a high level of responsibility and dedication. We’re not counting minutes.
- Remote first, office optional: our whole team is remote. We rent an office space in Vienna, Austria.
- You choose your working hours: we agree on due dates, meeting times, and delivery items. For client contact, we expect you to communicate available times responsibly.
- Diversity and inclusion: We welcome all people to apply for roles with Trayn and we appreciate non-traditional career paths.
Because of our small team size, we start with a freelance contract limited to a specific time period or project. When everything runs smoothly, and we know how to best work together, we can switch to a permanent contract based on the expected workload. If you want to stay a freelancer, that also works.
How to apply
The application process should not take more than a week.
Send an email with a short text and links to your portfolio to email@example.com. If you want to let us know more about you, include a CV and share some information about yourself.
- You send us an application
- We schedule an intro call (~20 minutes)
- Discuss your portfolio and experience (~30 minutes)
- Discuss a current Trayn-related problem (~30 minutes)
- We make you an offer